Every product on Marlene’s grocery shelves has been evaluated by buyers for purity, nutrition and impact on the environment. Using guidelines established by Marlene (and updated regularly), our buyers search for quality packaged foods free of refined white sugar, artificial colors and preservatives, and hydrogenated oils.
Our standards include our intention to restrict, if not ban, all Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) and we are constantly working to uphold this ideal. Most of our products are free of GMOs and many are registered with the Non-GMO Project.
In addition to maintaining high ingredient standards, we cater to customers with specific dietary needs like low sodium, wheat-free, gluten-free, raw, vegan, vegetarian, and more. You’ll find a wide array of products in all these categories at both Marlene’s locations:
- Ready-to-Eat Packaged Foods
- Snack Foods
- Water, Juices & Specialty Beverages
- Hot & Cold Cereals
- Baking Supplies (flours, sweeteners, spices, etc.)
- Gluten-Free Foods (Click here for a complete list of Gluten-Free products in our stores)
- Soups, Canned Goods
- Ethnic Specialty Foods
- Dairy (hormone- and antibiotic-free cow and goat milk and cheeses, etc.)
- Soy and Nut Milks
Eating on the Go?
Marlene’s also offers a complete “Grab-and-Go” section of ready-to-eat packaged foods like sandwiches, wraps, juices, teas, dips, spreads, and natural sodas.