|1 cup||gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
(recipe opens in a new page)
|1/2 tsp||xanthan gum|
|1/4 cup||organic cane sugar|
|1 Tbs + 1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/4 cup||canola oil|
|1 cup minus 1 Tbs||milk|
- Preheat oven to 400°F, grease 8” or 9” square or round pan with light coat of cooking spray or shortening.
- Add all dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add oil, milk, egg, and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Gently fold wet mixture into dry mixture only until combined…DON’T BEAT!
- Pour batter into pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and done. Gluten free flour will not brown as dark as wheat flour. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- For an extra treat, brush 1 tablespoon of melted butter over cornbread right after taking it from the oven. Wait 5-10 minutes before cutting.