1 pkg. mung bean sprouts
1 bunch collard greens (alternate: romaine leaves)
1/2 handful each basil, cilantro, garlic, ginger
1. Cut apple, carrot, cucumber into thin matchsticks.
2. Finely chop the basil, cilantro, garlic and ginger.
3. Remove stems from collard greens.
4. Place veggies, fruit, sprouts, avocado, herbs & spices in the collard green leaves and fold over or wrap collard greens once.
5. Secure with toothpick (optional)
1/2 cup organic, unsalted peanuts
2 tsp tamari (or wheat-free Nama Shoyu)
1 tsp fresh ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp maple syrup or agave nectar
4 Tbs water
pinch turmeric (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
2. Pout out into dipping bowl and serve with veggie wraps or drizzle over vegetables before you wrap them in the collard greens.
Recipe courtesy of Avi dalene at smartrawfood.com.