Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups walnuts
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1/4 cup scallions, minced (greens only)
1/4 cup raw wild honey
1/8 cup Nama shoyu (soy sauce)
½ tsp fresh garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 Tbs hulled sesame seeds
1 Tbs sesame oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 head of lettuce – butter, bib or romaine
Mung bean sprouts
- Gently pull apart lettuce leaves, wash and let dry on paper towel
- Prepare the sauce in a food processor fitted with an s-blade by adding all ingredients and pulsing 3-4 times.
- Add walnuts to the processor and pulse 4-5 times until meat of walnut is the consistency of ground meat.
- Add vegetables to processor and pulse 3-4 more times until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on plate, scoop 2-3 tablespoons of walnut meat mixture in to leaf.
- Garnish with mung beans and grated carrot .