Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|2 1/4 cups||water or stock|
|1||yellow onion, diced|
|1 Tbs||olive oil|
|1/2 cup||dried cherries|
|1 lb||spinach leaves|
|1 cup||garbanzo beans, cooked or canned|
|2||oranges, juice and zest from|
- Wash quinoa and toast in a dry pan for a few minutes, until it smells nutty.
- Boil water and add salt and quinoa. Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions for 10 minutes on medium. Add cherries, spinach, garbanzo beans and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- Mix quinoa together with the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add orange juice and zest and stir gently.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe submitted by Ashley Looker